HOW TO LIVE MORE ECO-FRIENDLY
If you followed my colleagues and I on social media last Wednesday, the 27th of October 2021, you would have seen us celebrating Sustainability Day. We had a great time incorporating easy eco-friendly activities in our daily routine and you can too!
WHAT IS SUSTAINABILITY DAY?
Sustainability Day is about bringing awareness to sustainable living initiatives, you are encouraged to incorporate new practices into your daily routine that benefit the environment. Sound daunting?
HOW DID WE LIVE MORE ECO-FRIENDLY?
To incorporate more environmentally friendly activities into our lifestyle on Sustainability Day, we created a competition called the Sustainability Day Challenge. In this competition my colleagues could perform different eco-friendly activities into their daily routine, such as; riding a bike or walking to work, shopping at a local store for produce, switching meals to veggie or vegan recipes, using reusable water bottles, etc. Each activity had a set of points attached to it. At the end of the day, we tallied the total amount of points for each team collected from performing eco-friendly activities and the team with the highest number of points received a prize!
HOW CAN YOU LIVE MORE ECO-FRIENDLY?
Here is our advice on how you can live more eco-friendly:
- Begin with small changes
- Switch from buying plastic bottles to a reusable water bottle.
- Get appliances to remind you to live eco-friendly
- Use an indoor compost bucket for your food or different recycling bin for bottles and plastics.
- Don’t drastically change your lifestyle in one go
- Instead of becoming vegan full-time, incorporate veggie or vegan meals into your diet every other day.
- Participate in activities that you like and are good for you!
- Try riding your bike to work or walking to get the train, it helps you with your exercise too!