JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER
In principle, you would be expected to work anywhere in the UK. Currently, PLP have hubs of activity in London, Reading and across West Yorkshire; you would be expected to travel to different client sites. This opportunity is based at our Halifax office.
ABOUT PL PROJECTS
PL Projects are award winning, Yorkshire based PMO specialists who offer professional, personalised project management office support.
The first part of our business is consultancy and PMO support. We work with a range of clients from SMEs to the public sector to help deliver a broad range of projects on time. Our team is a fine balance of individuals with backgrounds in industry (like Rail, IT, Retail, & Finance), academia and construction. What unites us all is our desire to continue delivering successful projects time after time.
We work hard to understand our clients’ requirements and then tailor our solutions to meet those needs. We can provide planning, PM software implementation or Project Manage training courses. Our comprehensive project management services, from project conception to sign off, and our passionate project professions, who vary in background and experience, separates us from other consultancies you will find in the industry. We are devoted to supporting our clients in successfully complete their projects.
PL Projects Vision Statement
A world where positive change is brought about by projects delivered ethically, efficiently and sustainably.
PL Projects Mission Statement
To nurture our staff and provide excellence in project-based support and training.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in establishing and delivering project specific objectives.
- Providing key support to the senior leaders in the delivery of commission obligations and internal project performance.
- Contributing to open communications across the project delivery and client teams.
- Mentoring less experience colleagues in the skills of Project Management.
- Manage and mitigate project risks and issue to reduce impacts on delivery.
- Support the management of all phases of a project.
- Assist in the delivery of all assigned projects to agreed scope, time, cost and quality.
- Manage internal and external resources to ensure they are working effectively to deliver project outcomes.
- Understand and controls dependencies, assumptions and the critical path of the project.
- Maintain project schedules.
- Internal and external highlight reports.
PREVIOUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to organise and prioritise tasks.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong problem-solving ability bringing a create approach to solution finding.
- Advanced level MS Office skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Project.
- Advance SharePoint skills.
- An understanding of Project Management methodologies.
- Strong attention to detail especially when working under pressure.
- Experience 1 – 2 years of experience in a project management position.
- Annual salary reviews.
- Career promotion and development opportunities.
- Leadership and management development plans.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 28 days holidays (including bank holidays).
- Work from home opportunities.
- Paid for training opportunities, like the APM and Project Fundamentals Qualification and Project Management Qualification.
Permanent, full-time opportunity.
SALARY RANGE (DEPENDING UPON EXPERIENCE)
£24,000 to £28,000