Microsoft Project Scheduling
The courses will specifically comprise:
Beginner (Day One)
• Introduction to planning. The network and Gantt Chart.
• Setting up the software properly to align with the needs of your projects.
• Creating and customising a simple plan in Microsoft Project that matches a manual plan created earlier.
• The Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
• Creating a more complex plan in Microsoft Project with a WBS.
• Introducing resources into the Microsoft Project plan.
• Inputting and presenting costs.
• Customising the plan. Hints and tips when printing.
Intermediate (Day Two)
• More complex links.
• Resource management in a little more detail with calendars.
• Setting up the baseline.
• Tracking of the project during implementation. Variance analysis.
• Reports and customised reports using filters, tables and views.
• Red Amber Green (RAG) reporting.
• How to put all this knowledge into a template plan.
If you have experience in using Microsoft Project and have specific training needs in more advanced use of the software especially in more complex tracking and reporting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
• Coffee and biscuits are always available
• It is recommended that you bring your own laptop if you have the software as you will be able to save the work to your own machine. Machines are supplied if you don’t have your own machine
• This course does not enable a study visa for oversea applicants
• If you have any additional questions, please contact us at: email@example.com